Friday, September 6, 2019

Dead Voices

Coco, Ollie and Brian are on their way to a nice winter break at a resort skiing and relaxing with Ollie's dad, and Coco's mom.  But a snow storm hits on their way up and doesn't let up.  They find they are the only ones to make it up to the resort and decide to make the best of it because, you know, it can't snow forever can it?  Than a strange man shows up with a story he is from the press to cover the ghost stories from the old building and Ollie's watch starts going off, never good.  Than the weirdness really begins with a big smile on its face.
This is a great middle grade/any grade/age creepy story.  I actually said something at work about this book and found several adults that read it and were upset I already read it, as they had borrowed ahem, ahem  Small Spaces from their kids (now I am jealous as I missed that one).  The action is non stop, the suspense keeps you holding your breath, and there are twists and turns all throughout the book that will keep you guessing right up until the end.  It had me reading non stop and up late.  This is a book that reaches out and grabs you and will not let you go until the end.  I really hope there are more and that I don't miss out ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment