Imagine you
are at home with three kids, 9, 6, and 3 years old, and all of a sudden, all electronics
die, and a strange voice coming from everywhere and nowhere at once announces,
congratulations, your planet has been selected.
I know my first thought would be selected for what and turn the power
and stuff back on. But then you find out
the what and it isn’t good at all. You
must play for your lives, and the kids have to as well. The only help you have is a stuffed turtle
your 3-year-old has used her choice of supernatural power to bring to life. You want to laugh; you want to cry, but there
is no time. This is Meghan’s new world, and like it or not, her kids will have
to grow up fast.
This is a
little different take on the fast-growing genre of LitRPG books. I think this is the first one I have read
where there are kids, and they are actively involved. But I really liked the book and the way some
people can come together in a crisis but others can’t, and the advantages and
disadvantages of each person's decision.
This book is all action and suspense; it gets started and never slows down. The characters are well thought out, as is
the plot. I don’t know what will happen
to Meghan and her family and friends, but I can’t wait to find out.

No comments:
Post a Comment