Monday, April 5, 2021

War and Millie McGonigle (MG)


 Millie is a young girl with big  responsibilities, and a huge grief in her heart.  Millie has lost her best friend and confidant, her grandmother.  Her family doesn't have much money but they live in paradise, San Diego.  But when the war starts coming for the US her fear also rises, but her parents have finally found jobs, but that also leaves Millie to watch her younger sister and brother.  

This is a awesome book about a young girl coming to gripes with what life has given her.  I have to admit I love books that take place in places I have been stationed it makes me homesick for my friends I left in those places but it is still fun.  So that is what drew me to the book but the story caught my interest and kept me captivated until I was finished, and I hope it does the same for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment