Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Mama Graciela's Secret (Dyslexic Font Picture Book)

This is really cute very diverse book about a Mama Graciela and her love for the stray kitties that came by her little restaurant La Bahia.  Her other love was making her bacalaitos fritos that people came from miles around to eat, but she kept the recipe was a secret.  But the kitties also loved her bacalaitos fritos and came by the hundreds to get some, and as you can imagine both lots of people and hundreds to thousands of cats all wanting Mama Graciela's bacaliatos fritos every day became a  problem, but you will have to read the book to see how Mama Graciela fixed it.  
the book was really good and diverse, I really liked it, of course I am a cat person but I am pretty sure dog people will find it in the hearts to enjoy it as well.  I have the dyslexic print copy, I am dyslexic so I found that nice.  I wasn't sure at first how I felt about it since this is really the first time I have seen it, but I found some books on my kindle that I could change the font to this type and I think it does make it easier to read.  I think it is awesome that they are printing books in this font, maybe more schools are doing more for the dyslexic kids, and it would be nice for libraries to have print books for dyslexic kids as well.  I hope this publisher and maybe others will start offering this as a option.

No comments:

Post a Comment