Wednesday, January 1, 2014

out for blood r barri flower

Count Dracula's Teenage Daughter is the first of Mr. Flower's Transylvanica High series, and what a refreshing take on the whole vampire world this is compare to what we have been given thus far.  Vampires have just come out of the closet and everyone in Transylvanica are ready to make a go of full integration, including Transylvanica's two newest citizens, Kula and her adopted mother.  But it seems not everyone in town is happy with this new arrangement and Kula is in the vampire killers sights.  Why you ask? Because on Kula's sixteenth birthday she not only gets her drivers license but finds out that she is also half vampire, and if that isn't bad enough, her real father is only one of the most powerful and oldest clan leaders there is, Dracula, yep that Dracula.  Kula has her Mom, friends, and boyfriend on her side so good luck vampire hunter!!! 
I really liked this book every time I thought I had it all figured out there was another twist and it changed everything around and I had to start thinking and trying to figure out who was the vampire hunter again.  I was a very different take on a theme that has been in the spotlight a lot lately and I found it spellbinding I could not put it down, I just had to find out what happened and who did it.  I would give it a 4 1/2 stars out of 5.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to read such a wonderful book.  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for being on the tour, Trisha!!!

    -Nichole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for having me. Hopefully this is the first of many.

      Delete