Sunday, August 14, 2016

The Hill (YA)

Jared, a spoiled rich kid, plane crashes in the wilderness.  When he insists on hiking up a hill to try and get a cell signal, that Kyle, a Cree, has told him his grandmother has forbidden him to go near.  Jared goes anyways believing it is just Cree superstition, and Kyle reluctantly follows.  Soon both boys find themselves in a forest that just isn't right and now they are being hunted. 
This is a out of this world book for anyone who enjoys lore and legends especially Native American lore.  This is my first book by Karen Bass but I loved it and will be looking for more.  This book is full of action, suspense, and has you on the edge of your seat  the whole time holding your breath.  I really enjoyed this book and wish Jared and Kyle would take me with them to see Crazy Horse as it is on my wish list also if they get to go.

5 STARS

No comments:

Post a Comment