Tuesday, October 6, 2026

Radio Free Texas

First and foremost, remember this takes place in the 1980’s. 

It is the start of Bowie’s senior year, and he has no idea what he will do next.  The only thing he knows is he is crushing hard on Comet Jensen.  So much so that he takes the blame for a prank she does because he doesn’t want her to be expelled.  Bowie gets stuck with a lot of community service, and he chooses to do his at the local radio station.  Wow, that community service does not go anywhere near what he possibly thought it would go, and that is enough about that.  You need to read the book to see how his senior year goes or doesn’t. 

This was great as I was an ’80s high schooler, but that time was very different than the high school experience of today.  I am hoping the kids might ask parents (ugh, grandparents, I can’t be that old yet) about that time, or heck, it would make a great adult and teen book club book.  This is a well-written and researched or lived, book.  But I really liked it a lot. I know it was written for YA and teens, but it was a blast from the past for me and maybe others.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment