Tuesday, September 8, 2020

The Lost Wonderland Diaries (MG)

Celia knows math and logic, Tyrus knows books and imagination, and when the two accidentally find themselves in a different and strange land, they are tasked with finding a way home.  Soon they figure out they are in Wonderland but not the one Tyrus knows or Celia's great great grandfather wrote about in his story about Alice and her adventures here.  But as they work their way through wonderland they make a few friends to help them along the way.
This is a wonderful book on friendship, no matter their differences and how they can do  things better together than separate. Celia is dyslexic (a neurodiversity  that is close to my heart, as I am dyslexic too but no one knew much about it or any of Celia's tips when I was a kid) and Tyrus just likes books and going to those places in his books as a get away, I do this a lot now.  They are both no stranger to being teased and they both are new to the area and school.  So I fell in love with these characters right away, they are perfect for this story.  Although I have never read Alice's adventures I am interested in it now.  The non-stop action and building of suspense are just right and at the right moments.  This is a book for everyone to enjoy as there is something in it for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment