Monday, August 31, 2020

The Silver Arrow (MG)

 For Kate's 11th birthday she writes her Uncle Herbert a letter asking for a present since he has never sent her anything before.  What she gets will shake her, her brother Tom, and her parents world to the ground.  Uncle Herbert gives her a train, not a toy train but a real life size train named the Silver Arrow.  Kate and Tom's parents want the train off of their property, but the children and the train have other plans.  That is when Kate and Tom go on the coolest train ride of their lives.

There is a whole lot more to this wonderful story, but you know me and spoilers.  However, I have to admit I was drawn to this story because I have like other of Mr. Grossman's books, but this is totally different and I still couldn't turn it off, I have the audio version narrated by the wonderful voice of Simon Vance which was a great fit for this story.  This is definitely a book you will not want to miss.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment