Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Highfire (ADULT)

Squib Moreau is a fifteen year old boy just trying to do for his mom any way he can, out in the bayou of the west-bank of New Orleans Parrish.  But the sheriff has a thing for Squib's mom and sees Squib as a obstacle in his pursuit.  The sheriff is also dirty as a Marie Laveau's magic and when Squib catches him in the act that sets off the events that bring Squib and Highfire together whether they like it or not.
This book was great I loved it so much it took me back to my days when I lived in New Orleans, and the authors setting and facts about it are well researched.  I don't want to give any spoilers so I won't go into particulars but this is a action packed, funny at times, suspense ridden, not your normal dragon book, it is so much more. This book is well worth you time especially if you are not a purest about dragons, because Highfire is a modern dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment